Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Whatcha Crafting Wednesday

Wednesday is going to be a day for me to share all about the craft projects I'm working on. I'll share progress photos, updates, etc. And I'd love to hear what all of you are working on as well! So...whatcha crafting this week???

I'm super excited about my current sewing project. Unfortunately, its a surprise gift for someone special and I can't give too many details just yet. :( I can tell you that its a memory quilt (my first ever!) and I'm about 1/3 of the way done. I'm really happy with how its turning out so far. I really wish I could share this project with everyone, but I don't want to take the risk that the recipient will read my blog. ;-) So...I promise, once it has been gifted, I will share the story and photos with everyone.

My current knitting project is a pair of chunky cabled socks. The pattern is from Paton's 'Next Steps 4' pattern book. I love this pattern! I've made a pair of these socks before and I love the way they turned out.

I'm using Lion's Brand Jiffy yarn in the 'Fisherman' color. I'm almost done with the first sock. I just need to shape the toe. This project is also going to be a gift...that won't be done in time. lol.

I'm not currently working on any crochet projects, but I have a few lined up. I'll be making a couple more hats for my sister-in-law to use as photo props for her photography business. I'll be making these two hats for her using patterns by The Fuzzy Noggin. I love her patterns! They are so adorable! And you can find them on Etsy...just click on the above link!

The Chloe Cap:


The Owl Earflap Hat:

Please Note: The above 2 photos are courtesy of The Fuzzy Noggin...in no way am I trying to claim they are mine or I created the items pictured.

Adorable, right??? So, stay tuned for updates on those 2 projects!

And, last but not least, we come to scrapbooking. I don't have any paper scrapping projects going right now. I have TONS to do, but I never seem to get around to it. I did, however, just start creating a digital scrapbooking kit for Ryleigh's cheering photos. It will all be done in Elite colors, etc. I haven't gotten much done yet, but here's a sneek peak. :) If there are any Elite cheerleaders or cheer moms who are reading this and would like the kit, please let me know and I can send it to you when its done.

So, that's it for this week! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you're crafting this week! I'm always looking for ideas for my next great craft! :)

1 comment: