Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Whatcha Crafting Wednesday

Its been a fairly decent crafting week for a change! I think I was having withdrawals!!! LOL...here are my creations from the past week:

A birthday card for Ryleigh's friend, Jordan:
I've already shared a couple of my sewing projects for the week. The first was a nightgown for Ryleigh. You can check out the tutorial I did here.
And then I turned a couple pair of Isaac's fall/winter pjs into summer pjs. You can see those here.
I'm on a bit of repurposing/upcycling kick now, so after I finished Isaac's pjs I went hunting in my closet for some old things that I could spiff up a bit. Here's what I've come up with so far...

I found this great tutorial on how to turn an old t-shirt into a cute little shrug. Thought I'd give it a try. Here is the original garment - an old long-sleeve t-shirt that had gotten some holes in it right in the center where my shirt hits my pants. (Why do my shirts always do that????) Here are the little holes (does anyone else have this problem???)And here are is the shrug. Excuse the terribly blurry and bad pics of the finished product. I had to take these myself. lol

I'm undecided on the white tie. I didn't have enough of the shirt leftover to do a matching tie, so I'm not sure what I want to do there. Still thinking about it. But, I like the shrug! I'll probably do a couple more! That got me more excited to do some more repurposing, so back to my closet I went. This time I came out with a plain white turtleneck - tags still attached. $1.99 find from Burlington Coat Factory. My MIL picked this up for me a couple years ago. I don't think I ever would have worn it the way it was - I didn't like the fit on me. To baggy and unflattering. So...I took the scissors to it.
And here's what I got. I got the idea from another tutorial. You can find it here.
Cute, huh?? Once again I was short on the amount of leftover fabric to make the tie. Its a little short, so I'm still thinking about a different solution for this one as well.

I'm really enjoying this repurposing thing. If anyone comes across any cute ideas, let me know!
I'm also still working on the same Swiffer sock that I was working on last week...haven't gotten much done on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment