Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Whatcha Crafting Wednesday

Here it is...Wednesday again. And unfortunately, I don't have too much that I can share with all of you today. A lot of my time over the past week has been spent spring cleaning - I'm cleaning, hoeing out, and organizing EVERYTHING. But, I've got a few updates for you. :)

Sewing: I got to work a little bit on my top-secret sewing project this week. Not nearly enough, tho. I've got about 6 weeks left to get this project completed and it this rate, I'm not going to finish. I've got to step it up a notch!!! Not to mention that I've got a bunch of other sewing projects that I'd like to get working on before the HOT weather gets here. I have a bunch of summer dresses, skirts, shorts, etc for the kids that I'd like to make. And some for myself as well. So, here's to hoping I can get some more done on my sewing project over the next week!

Knitting: Still no new knitting project.

Crochet: I've made some progress on the owl hat. The hat itself is done, I've just got to add the eyes and nose. I think its gonna be pretty cute! Here are a couple pics.

And for those who haven't been following...this is the Owl Earflap Hat pattern by The Fuzzy Noggin. Sorry to be repetitive, but I must give credit where credit is due. :) This project will definitely be completed this week. YAY! Then it will be on to the Chloe Cap, another great pattern by The Fuzzy Noggin. I've also had a request to make another owl hat, so I'm adding that to my list.

Scrapbooking: I haven't done much of this over the past week either. I did make a couple more mats for my Elite digi-scrapping kit, but that's it. :( My PSE free trial is just about up, so I was hoping to get more done. Oh well...guess I'll just have to buy the program. :) So, as a reminder...here was the kit as of last week:
and here are the new mats to go with it:


As I said, I've spent a lot of time spring cleaning this week. And most of that time has been spent in my craft room. I finally finished this room yesterday and I'm so excited to have everything organized! So, I thought I'd share some of my 'accomplishment'...maybe it will give you some craft organization ideas. Or, maybe you could share some of yours with me?!?!? I got rid of some stuff...and still have a lot more to get rid of. But, now ALL of the fabric I own fits into my 2 big fabric drawers. For those who don't know...this is a huge accomplishment! Yeah, the drawers are full, but it all fits!


I know that top drawer looks messy, but it really isn't...its just really full. lol

And I got all my knitting patterns organized. They've always been in this binder, but before they were just thrown in there in no particular order. So, I organized them all by type: Baby, Child, Hats/Mittens, Socks/Slippers, etc. Love it!

And I did the same thing to my sewing patterns. I should have taken 'before' pictures. All of these patterns were crammed into that one blue/red organizer. It was awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment