Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Whatcha Crafting Wednesday

I actually got quite a bit accomplished this week!!!! YAY!!!

My secret sewing project is sooooooo close to being finished!!!! All I have left to do is some hand stitching which I've been working on a little at a time. I do it sitting on the couch while Josh watches sports...and, yes...multiple sports at a time. Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics....that's a whole other blog post, but it provides me with lots of crafting time. :) I'm pretty happy with the results and I SOOOOO want to post pics, but I don't want to ruin the surprise either. It isn't perfect, but for my first time ever completing a quilt...I'm pretty impressed with myself. :)

I was also able to clear off my sewing table. I had a bunch of small quick projects that never seem to get done. And I finally got them done last night. I had to sew some buttons on a pair of Josh's pants and a pair of Ryleigh's pajamas and fix some belt loops on a pair of Ry's capris. So now my sewing table is clear and ready for my next project! I got a few new McCall's patterns at Jo-Ann's on Sunday - some cute summer dress patterns for Ryleigh. So, I'm excited to get started on those.

Also, if you didn't see my post from Monday, I made this super cool pop sleeve.

There's a tutorial here. And since then I've got 9 more cut out. All of these will be made into pop sleeves:
I plan to do that today.


I finished the Chloe Cap (except for the flower). Its super cute, but either I did something wrong or this pattern was designed for a child with a humongous head! lol...and since I've worked with The Fuzzy Noggin patterns before, I'm positive it was my error. I think I figured out where the problem is and I've started over. *sigh*
So, there you have it! My week in crafting. :) I know it doesn't look like much, but if you could see how much work I got done on my secret sewing project then you'd understand. :) What's everyone else working on???

No comments:

Post a Comment