Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Whatcha Crafting Wednesday

I'm hanging my head for this week's installment of 'Whatcha Crafting Wednesday'. Why, you ask? Because I didn't even come close to meeting my crafting goals for the past week. And its only my 2nd week setting goals for myself! In my defense I did set some lofty goals last week. I also spent quite a bit of time working on my poor excuse of a yard. I guess I'll have to make up for it this week! Or at least tone down the goals! Here is what I had intended to complete in the past week:

1. Make one more Mother's Day card
2. Make a Thank You/Teacher Appreciation Card
3. Make 3 Birthday Cards
4. Finish the Owl Earflap Hat
5. Start making a summer dress for ME

I'm happy to report that I did complete #1 and #2. I completed 1 of the 3 birthday cards. I did not finish the Owl Earflap Hat, but I did make some progress on it. And #5....well, I didn't even get to that one at all.

Here is the final Mother's Day card that I had to make:




Here is the Teacher Appreciation Card. I should note here that unlike all the cards I've posted previously, the following two were not made with Close To My Heart products. This one was a second attempt, as well. I originally tried making it with bright primary colors and some 'blackboard' paper, but I didn't like how it was turning out. So, I switched to this color scheme. I'm much happier with it.


And here is one of the Birthday Cards - this one is for my teenage niece, Taylor.



And in making my goals last week, I actually forgot one Birthday. So, I still have 3 Birthday cards that MUST be completed this week.


Here's where I'm at on the Owl Earflap Hat:

Again, this isn't much to look at until its complete. But, all I have left to do is the earflaps and then make the eyes, ears, and nose and sew them on. Hopefully it will be done THIS week! :)

That's it. :( Here's to a better crafting week this week! OH...I almost forgot...my crafting goals:

1. Make 3 Birthday Cards
2. Finish the Owl Earflap Hat
3. Make a summer dress for ME

We'll leave it at that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment